Quick and Easy Last-Minute Halloween Party Decorations
Although it’s just a few days before Halloween, I figured I’d post this for anybody who needs a few Quick and Easy Last Minute Halloween Party Decorations for that added touch of spook. Check these out!
Handy Toilet Paper Holder
- If you don’t have an extra pair of gloves lying around, you can find them at your nearest Dollar Tree, Family Dollar or Dollar General for a few dollars at most.
- Cut a hole in the upper part of the palm for the roller (I suggest lining them up to make sure the hole is in just the right spot). Be careful not to make the hole too large. You want it just big enough so that the roller can spin unhindered.
- Stuff each of the fingers with batting, toilet paper, cotton balls…whatever you have available, then smooth them out from the outside for a more realistic look. If you have it available, you can also insert wires into each finger to make them adjustable.
- Slide the gloves over the arms of the toilet paper holder making sure to line up the holes and then place the roller on to keep them in place until you’re finished.
- Stuff some more of whatever you used for the fingers into the back of the gloves and then smooth them out.
- You’re finished and can now admire your handy work!
Spooky Window Boards
- First, cut the cardboard into plank-sized strips that are long enough to span the width of the window. Then, cut a few tri-angular shapes into the end of each plank (you don’t want these to be even or uniform in size).
- Lightly brush the cardboard with the brown paint in long lengthwise strokes. Remember…You want it to look like a wood-grain finish and not smooth. Let it dry for maybe an hour or so.
- Take out your brown paint again and make random, dark short brush strokes here and there to add to the realistic wood-grain look. You can also press the tip of the paintbrush against the plank and use a circular motion to create “knots” in the “wood.” Let them dry completely.
- Grab your hammer and nails or staple gun and “board” up the windows. That’s sure to keep the Ghoulies out…or in. I love these Quick and Easy Last-Minute Halloween Party Decorations!
Creepy Body Bag
- Lay your sheet out on the floor and then lay the towels down lengthwise so that the measure about 5 or 6 feet in length (about the height of a body).
- Shape the towels into the shape of, well…a body. Round head, broad shoulders….you get it.
- Wrap the sheet that you laid down first around the body and tuck the ends carefully underneath.
- Next, grab your garbage bags cut them down the sides to open them up. Wrap the plastic around the body…carefully.
- Now, use the rope or duct tape to secure the body and even help define the form.
- All set…your body is wrapped and ready to go!
Blood Bath Shower Curtain
- Use the red Paint or fake blood the make bloody hand prints, spatters and smears on the shower curtain
- Allow to dry and then hang!
- Another variation is to use fake blood to make spatters, smears and pools of blood in the tub and on the shower walls (maybe even include body parts). Then hang a clear shower liner with bloody handprints.
Ghoulish Head in a Jar
- Fill the large jar with water
- Throw in a handful or two of dirt and shake or stir to muddy the water
- Put the Halloween mask into the jar and cover
- Voila! Instant head in a jar! What great Quick and Easy Last-Minute Halloween Party Decorations!