Five Halloween Party Finger Food Ideas
These are some of my favorite Halloween Party Finger Food Ideas! Check them out!!
FREAKY HOT DOG FINGERS
- Hot dogs
- Crescent Roll Dough
- Cut the hot dogs lengthwise into halves and then cut in half again widthwise.
- Roll the crescent roll dough out very thin and then wrap around the hot dog pieces leaving the tip exposed.
- Bake as directed.
- You can garnish with a bit of ketchup at the unexposed end for a bloody effect.
POISON TOFFEE APPLES
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cups water
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- Black gel food coloring
- 6-12 unwaxed apples (depending on size)
- Wooden or bamboo skewers
- Place a sheet of greased waxed paper on a baking sheet or tray
- Insert skewers into apples and set off to the side
- In a medium pot, combine the water, sugar, light corn syrup, and black food coloring. Stir over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Dip a clean pastry brush into water and brush down the inside of the pot to prevent crystals from forming on the edges.
- Allow caramel to boil until it reached hard crack stage (150 c/310 F)
- Carefully dip the apples into the caramel and then allow to cool on the prepared sheet or tray for at least one hour before serving. You can even do this the night before and cover with plastic wrap then place in fridge after cooling.
BLOODY DEVILED EGGS
- Once your eggs have been boiled, crack them! Be rough with them! Make sure the cracks are deep so that the color can get in to form the marbling effect.
- Place the cracked eggs into a pot of boiling water with a few drops of red food coloring. Let boil for about five minutes and then place on back burner to cool. I would suggest letting them sit in the colored water in the fridge for a few hours or even overnight.
- Once eggs have sat in colored water for a few hours, you can take them out and peel them and slice them lengthwise as usual.
- Once the yolk is removed, rinse the egg whites in cool water to remove all remaining debris.
- Dip a toothpick in beet juice and swipe the egg from the inside out to create the bloodshot effect on the edges of the egg.
- Make your deviled eggs as you usually do, but add a few drops of green food coloring.
- Garnish with black olive slices to create the eye for the finishing touch!
WHITE CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY GHOSTS
- 1 pkg. Vanilla Coating (16 oz.)
- 24 Strawberries
- Mini Chocolate Morsels
- Lay out a large sheet of wax or parchment paper on a flat surface
- Melt the Vanilla Coating according to the directions
- Dip the strawberries in the Vanilla Coating, but before it has a chance to fully set, place the mini chocolate morsels for the eyes and mouth.
- Allow to cool and then store in the fridge.
GREEN POTION COCKTAILS
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 oz coconut rum
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- dry ice (optional)
- Combine rum, vodka, blue Curacao and pineapple juice in a cocktail shaker. Then simply strain over ice.
- The dry ice is optional but adds an awesome spooky effect. It’s VERY important to handle dry ice properly. It should be handled with gloves or tongs and kept out of children’s reach. It is, however, safe to be placed at the bottom of a punch bowl or even in individual drinking glasses for the smoky effect.
- *See link at bottom for dry ice directory to find a location near you to get dry ice.
What are your favorites?
Do you have a favorite Halloween treat to surprise and delight your friends? Leave a comment below and share it! You can also always reach us on your Facebook. Thanks and Happy Halloween!